We take your privacy seriously. Please see our privacy notice below:
Data Protection Notice
The Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd data protection notice refers to our commitment to treat your information in line with good practice, legislation requirements and to protect clients, staff and other individuals as well as the organisation.
This policy covers all data subjects (living individuals) whose personal data is collected in line with UK Data Protection Laws.
The Personal Information we collect
Where you submit your personal information to us it will only be used for;
- the purposes for which it was provided by you and any reasonably incidental purposes including providing you with the information that you request from us
- support and administration purposes
Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd collect the following information from our clients
- Phone Number.
The personal information gathered on the website
Cookies are files that store information on your hard drive or browser which means that Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd can recognise that you have visited the website before.
We use two types of cookies:
Session cookies (also known as temporary cookies) which are erased when the browser is closed at the end of the session. The next time that the site is visited you will not be remembered and will be treated as if it were the first time that you are on the site. This is because there is nothing in the browser to let the site know that it has been visited before.
A benefit of this type of cookie is that the website keeps track of your movement from page to page so that information given once does not have to be repeated during that visit. Cookies allow progress through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or resubmit data for processing on each new area that are visited.
Permanent cookies which allow the website to remember information and choices that have been made by you and use these when the site is accessed again. So, for example, a shop site could store details like which currency was used on a previous visit. A multiple language site will remember which language was selected, and automatically use that on the next visit.
A benefit of this type of cookie is that it helps websites remember information and settings when you come back which results in faster and more convenient access.
If you want to opt out of using cookies you can adjust the settings in your
own browser. As there are many different browser types and many different versions in use the ways that this can be done are not listed here. The website
http://www.allaboutcookies.org gives a great deal of useful and up-to-date information
Links to other websites
The lawful basis to collect this information
We collect this information on the lawful basis for entering into or performance of a contract.
In certain circumstances, we may have to abide by a legal obligation which we may be subject to, including, but not limited to, sharing data with the HMRC or law enforcement agencies. Where we do this, and we are legally permitted to, we will clearly inform you.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of legitimate business, security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
The storage location of information
All data is stored within the UK only.
Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd ensure all the best security practices are followed to ensure privacy by design is integral to the processing of information.
Retention of information.
We will retain client data for 7-12 years after the contract has ended to enable us to
- Comply with our regulatory obligations, tax, Health and Safety etc.
- Protect ourselves in case of any legal claims against (Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd)
- Comply with warranties
All data will be removed following security best practices to ensure the data is fully deleted and unrecoverable.
Where we use your information for marketing we rely on consent or, in some cases, legitimate interest.
You can stop any further direct marketing from us by:
- clicking the unsubscribe link in emails we send at any time
- contacting the Data Controller via the details in this notice
Information we share
As part of the client contract we need to share information with:
- Other parties who are providing services as part of the agreed contract
- Our accountant – Monahan’s, 38-42 Newport St, Swindon SN1 3DR
- Regulatory bodies such as the NICEIC and GAS SAFE
- Manufacturers and suppliers where information is required for quoting, delivery or registration of their products
- In the unfortunate event of debt recovery or legal action, we reserve the right to pass on your information to our representatives
Under the UK Data Protection laws individual have the following rights:
- Right to access – you have the right to request a copy of all data we hold about you;
- Right to rectification – where any data we hold is incorrect, you have the right to ensure it is correct;
- Right to be forgotten – if you no longer wish for us to hold your data, we will delete it unless we have a lawful reason not to;
- Right to portability – you can ask us to provide your data to a third party in machine-readable format;
- Right to restrict processing – since we only use this to contact you, there is no processing to restrict, we would simply delete the information wherever possible and in keeping with our own obligations.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you may request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
We can be contacted at the following address, telephone number and email address:
Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd
10a Oppenheimer Centre
Tel: 01793 434950
If Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Affleck Mechanical Services Ltd may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy. If this occurs you will be informed prior to the transfer.
Handling a Personal Data Breach
In the event of a data breach, we will use the ICO standard reporting form, ICO Data Breach reporting template, and in the event that the data breach has a significant impact on the people affected we will inform them directly either via email or our website.